Can't believe it's September already, that summer just flew by way too quickly! It's time for another Arlana special. This week Arlana provided our lucky Sweet Sketch Wednesday DT with this sketch to play with.

Our fantastically generous sponsor this week is Jodie at Bugaboo Stamps. Jodie is offering a huge prize of 7 digi stamps. That's $21 worth of yumminess! (Yes, that's a word!) :-D Check out Jodie's images here:
This week I gave myself a right challenge and picked a snowman! What fun I had!
This is actually my third attempt at this snowman. The first one I went too blue, the second I tried to flock it and obviously had issues with the lines so third time lucky and I think I got it looking like snow. I adore snowmen probably because it never snows here in Ireland so I never get to build one, although last Winter we had a couple of days of snow and I got a three foot snowman made in the front garden. Back to the image, I used the Ice Gray range in the Promarkers to colour, oh so gently. I added some white gel pen to his top hat and bow tie. There's a smidgen of flock underneath him for the ground. I chalked the background to make him stand out some more. The snowflakes behind him are a new embossing folder i've been itching to try out and the papers are from two old books from last year that had no cover so I can't inform, sorry! :-D
Now I had a little construction project over the weekend and built myself a homemade lightbox. I was not happy with the pictures I was getting, I'm now semi-happy, need a few more lights and i'm sorted. I followed these instructions but changed the cardboard box to mount board as I had it here and the muslim to an old white pillow case, again cos it was here. This also folds flat so it's easy to hide away.
This is a picture of what it ended up looking like with the card above inside. The lightbulb has to be a daylight bulb or it will look yellow. Trust me on this, i've tried them all! :-D
Anyways hope you can join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and be sure to check out my fellow DT's work. Amazing as always girls! ;-)



16 comments:
Your snowman is simply adorable!!!
Whoa - you made a lightbox? You go, girl!
Boy your a little early with your posting my girl didn't Scheduler want to work for you my dear??? Love your card this week he's a really cute snowman and I love the flocking. I was looking for some the other day and could only buy orange or red!!! I'll try some where else.
I do like you light box I was going to try myself but I noticed that Liza and Pink Candy Stripes used a black back ground which always looks good(in her photo's). I have two pieces of white card stock and I attached two pieces of black felt on them and woo hoo it works don't know about my photos' their not that bad.
Take care and have a great weekend
Hugs
Kathie
Oh Jenny, I am a sucker for snowmen and this one is adorable...He is super cute. What a great job coloring him and I love that embossing folder and paper you used. It is super hard sometimes to get the right lighting...sometimes it drives me a little crazy. Arlana made a box similar to the one you have made and it works for her. I have found a spot in my bedroom under a lamp and seems to be working for me right now....it is the best place I have found so far.
By the way, we should have a show our work space...Nothing could compare to Arlana's though. I have my deck and kitchen counter to work at. Have a great week!!!
Nancy
I meant desk not deck.
great card jenny,the snowman is fab, looks like hes made of marshmallows or is that cos i`m hungry :)
your colours are great and i love your papers and embossing :)
xx coops xx
I will ship you some Canadian snow - we will have more than enough to share ;)
Love the snowman. I would have just flocked or sparkled him as I have no idea how to color any white objects. I just don't have the right tools (or imagination!)
Deanne :)
Ha ha... love the marshmallow snowman! card is awesome! PS... don't take the Canadian snow... trust me I know from experience!
Jenny, great minds think alike...I love your snowman. I also had to redo mine...it wasn't coming together like I wanted it to. But I think I finally got it. Your embossing if perfect. I love your chalking...I need to practice mind. Your light box is perfect. Looks like Arlana's. I have been lucky to be able to use natural light from my diningroom window!
Lovely Crimbo card Jen. I do love blue on Christmas cards. Cute image too. The light box idea is fab! I might have to have a play myself with an old box . I have some muslin squares somewhere...you know the ones they tell you to buy when you're having a baby to catch vomit on your sholder lol! In reality you're so tired you're past caring if your covered in stains and stink of baby sick! Bye for now...xx Jenny xx
Oh, love snowmen and yours is especially cute, cute, cute!!! I love how your chalking makes him look like he is ready to jump off your card, he is just perfect! I am going to have to practice this technique. Such beautiful papers and love your embossed snowflakes.
Another technique I am trying is your light box, I always have a hard time with my pictures. Thanks for sharing and inspiring me..
hi there, your card is gorgeous. beautiful image.
Jenny, I love, love, love your snowman card!! He is totally sweet!! The blues are perfect as are the finishing touches. I just got a light box yesterday for my birthday, can't wait to try it out! Guess I need to make a card first!!! hehe! Have a great weekend!
Linda
How sweet this is! I love it!
I love blue with snowmen, it always gives off that frosty feel. This little guy is a cutie and you colored him in well and added all of the perfect embellishments!
Peace & Luv,
Jeannie
Fab card Jenny! Your snowman looks great. I know what you mean about snow, I love it but we don't get much here do we? Great lightbox btw. I usually photograph mine on top of my cooker, there is a light on the extractor above lol, very professional :)
Jenny love your sweet snowman card. The colors and embossing just all so fun. I do have a light box but mine dosent have the fabric in the sides great idea. Hope you have a sweet day!
Post a Comment