Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday No. 66

So i'm extremely late posting my card for Sweet Sketch Wednesday, we've had a power cut today and it has messed up my broadband badly, have been using my phone for emails and I'm now dreading next month's bill. Oh well, at least i'm back online now and ready to update you all on this weeks sketch. Arlana has  given us another beauty. Check it out.
Our sponsor this week is: 

Meljen's Designs is a lovely stamp company owned and illustrated by Melissa Jenkins. She illustrates whimsical digital images inspired by her kids and family. The Meljen's Designs store officially launched on April 1 and is steadily growing! Meljen's Designs has new releases along with a new challenge every Thursday, freebies every Monday and a Guest Designer each month at the Meljen's Designs Blog. Please visit the Meljen's Designs line of stamps at the Whimsey Stamp Store to browse and enjoy Melissa's wonderful images!
The lucky winner this week will get to pick four of Meljen's Designs. Yummy!

I got this cutie to play with.
I used promarkers to colour him and added some chalking behind him and around the candle. I tried to get the glow of the candle right on his fur by using the Mustard promarker as my lightest colour instead of Raw Sienna and it sorta worked, his belly is a bit off maybe. The papers are from the Silent Night Papermania pad, (Yep, it's still going strong!) The flowers were punched out from the back paper using the big Nellie Snellen flower punch and embosser. I added a little bit of fluffy stuff to his socks and hat bobble. Check out my fellow DT's work this week, it's fantastic as always. See ya at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

17 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about your power cut - very annoying! You've got a gorgeous card here, glad you got it posted!
Wedgie xxx

Kathie said...

Oh Jenny, I just love your card!! I think hes colour beautifully and I don't say that it I don't mean it. I adore the fluffy stuff you put on his hat and socks it makes they stand out it wonderful. Take care and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kathie
xox

Elaine said...

Love this card Jenny.
Sweet image and coloured to perfection.
The papers are fab as are your flowers.
Glad you've got power again, what a nightmare!
Love Elaine xx

mulberry station said...

My goodness Jenny, this is just too cute. I love your flowers, paper, and you name it!! Your image is colored to perfection, as always!!! Yummy card!!

Jeannie said...

The fluffiness is so fun! What a perfect little holiday card and I love how you matched the flowers.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Genevieve said...

Hi Jenny! Can I just say Wow to your colouring. Someday, if I keep practicing, I'll be able to colour like this. Fab card & I love the matching Dp & flowers :)

Tc
Genevieve.

Jennifer said...

Hey Jen! This is so stunning! Love the image and papers/colours. The f;lowers look fab. OMG trying to to type here with my 2yr old mashing the keyboard..better go! xx Jenny xx

Tamie said...

Well I think I would love to have this image to cuddle up too *giggle*. I love teddy bears and find him the cutest. Your pattern paper is soooo fabby and so is your coloring. I enjoyed doing the sketch this week and really enjoyed seeing your work of art.

Tamie

We would love to have you join us at 4 Crafty Chicks (new challenge blog).

coops said...

stunning card jenny,fab cute image and love your colouring and layout :)

xx coops xx

Simple and Sweet said...

Jenny, what a darling card! I love those little flowers! Your bear is so sweet and I love those colors! Hope you don't have another power outage! Yikes! Sorry I missed you last week!
Erika

sweetbloominscraps said...

Jenny, Your bear is colored so perfectly. I love the brightly light candle and how is highlights his face! Nice job! Fun socks and papers too! Have a great week!

Jackie Randolph said...

Jenny, your bear is too cute and I noticed that glow right away from the candle light!! I thought oh how brillant as I probally would never of thought of that. Love the little bit of fluff to his socks and hat, such a perfect touch!! I so Love the Snellen flowers they are so pretty, Your card is just beautiful!

Archies Mum said...

He is so cute, love the colour of the papers you've used.

Linda Anderson said...

Super, super sweet card Jenny!!! Love, love, love your coloring, absolutely stunning!! Great papers too! Hope you're have a wonderful weekend!

Linda

Barb said...

SO very cute!!!!

Sarpreet said...

This is gorgeous, sorry I have not been to your blog recently

Robin said...

Love your colouring on this one..... he is a cutie! Wicked job with the candle glow... wouldn't have even thought of doing that!!!