Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday No. 58

Wow 58! Can you believe that! I've been on the Sweet Sketch Wednesday team for 12 weeks, a whole 3 months! How time flies when you're having fun. This weeks sketch is another beauty from our fabulous Arlana. It involves ovals! Yay!!


Today's sponsor of our weekly challenge is Digi Stamp Characters and the prize is 3 of these adorable digital images of your choice.

This is the little cutie I got to play with this week.

I paper pieced her dress, shoes, heart hair clip and the butterfly. I forget how much fun that is and glad I did it here. She reminds me of my sister, Claire. She always had a little bob. The papers used are from a freebie My Minds Eye pad I got on some magazine months ago. The sentiment is CWC and the flower is an accordian one I made from a tutorial I found on the Whiff of Joy Tutorials blog. Had great fun making this and it nearly got ruined with a coffee spillage on Saturday but it was saved from destruction by my very quick thinking Mam. Woohoo!

Anyway, I look forward to looking at all your wonderful Oval inspired designs so hop on over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and check out my fab DT friends.

19 comments:

KarenB said...

Oh this is just the SWEETest!!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice message :)

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh she IS just TOO sweet! I love the little butterfly and the Gorgeous paper flower!! WOW!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow, time DOES fly!! She is adorable! I don't know how you paper pieced her little shoes - well done!!!! I love the accordion flower - beautiful!!

Deanne :)

mulberry station said...

Great minds do think alike. Love your paper piecing too. I love the soft color scheme you used. It is amazing to me how different our cards can look using the same image. Super cute, Jenny!

Robin said...

Love the colours and you fab flower!! Robin

Stacy said...

AHHH! This is so sweet! Everything is so perfect for this image! I love the paper piecing, I am too lazy to ever do {sigh} but wow you rocked it here! Lovely card!

Jeannie said...

Wow - you were the paper piecing queen on this one girl! This is just so soft and sweet and your flower is the perfect embellishment.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Marlene said...

Awww...so cute!! I love that flower thingy!!

coops said...

stunning card jenny,the image is adorable and how fantastic is your flower,love it and really gorgeous papers and colours.
xx coops xx

Arlana 11426 said...

Jenny, Your girl in the swing is just too sweet. I love the paper piecing. All your added embelishents and colors just make this so perfect. Thanks for being a wonder part of the team. Sorry for not posting on your blog last week the sick bug really got me down.

Simple and Sweet said...

Oooh! I love your card! It is darling! The paper piecing looks great and your embellishment is really perfect. I absolutely love the soft colors too!
Erika

Elaine said...

Sweet card. I love these images and the sketch is fab. Paper piecing is something I've only done a couple of times but I really like the effect.
Love Elaine xx

Jennifer said...

So pretty, gorgeous colours Jenny! I LOVE that flower...clever you! xx Jenny xx

Genevieve said...

Jenny! This is fab so soft & pretty. Great job with the paper piecing, especially the wee bow, Wow!

Take care
Genevieve

Kathie said...

Hi Jenny, I just love your card this week, it's just so so sweet. You made a great job with your paper piecing I have never given it a go but I must as it looks just so good. I love your hand made flower as well something else I must look at. Just love it!! Take care and have a great week Kathie.

Linda Anderson said...

Oh my, she is one sweetly dressed little girl!!!!! Great job on all that paper piecing!! Gorgeous papers and colors, and that flower...to die for!!!!!! I love it!!!!!

Linda

Emma said...

Aw such an adorable card Jenny, the image is so sweet and gorgeous papers.
Hugs Emma
PS I have a £10 voucher giveaway on my blog if you would like to pop over and enter.

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW!! Love all the paper piecing on your card! This is so cute, with the soft colors and your beautiful and fun flower.. I just love it!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Fabulous job on the paper piecing! I usually don't do the tiny pieces. You did a fabulous job! I love the soft feel of this card and the soft beautiful shading. Makes me want to go out and swing and just forget about what needs to be done today! What a beautiful card!