Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday No. 55

Hiya lovely people! I'm in a really super mood this week! Have gotten most of the dreaded housework out of the way including 8 hours (yes 8!) of ironing on Monday and my first ever veggie patch is thriving! The little dude is quite happy with himself too, he planted the peas that are now 20" high!! 

Anyway the reason for the post, it's Wednesday so it's Sweet Sketch Wednesday time! 
Arlana has produced the goods again bless her, and this is the sketch you can have a play with this week:



Our very generous sponsor this week is Shirley's 2 Girls 
 
And the winner of this challenge will win a $10 Gift Certificate! How sweet is that! Now, what do you need to do to win this fabulous prize? Hop over to Sweet Sketch Wednesday and find out! :-D


For my card this week Shirley 2 Girls gave me the brilliant 'Mother Knows Best' digital stamp. I'm in love with it! I've never found a stamp for an expecting Mom before and I just love this one. It was great fun to colour too.
I used the Promarkers of course and tried out some colours I tend to avoid. The gingham paper was one I created myself in Gimp, if you would like it just send me a mail and i'll forward them on. The other two papers are from the Papermania Henbury Lane range. The flower is from my trusty flower jar stash and the satin ribbon is a self adhesive turquoise i've had for a full year and only opened this week! LOL! :-D

We've got some new DT members this week, be sure to hop over to their blogs and show them some Sweet Sketch Wednesday love and don't forget the oul reliable DT members too, they've got a few stunners to show you too! :-D

17 comments:

Stacy said...

This is crazy adorable! Adorable image, and your coloring is fab.!!! Now about housework and ironing (it made me shudder just typing it) would ya like to do mine :D
Hugs and Smiles,
Stacy

Jackie Randolph said...

Oh your card is adorable, such a sweet image for the mom to be with all those books to read on how to become one LOL!!! Love it! Fabulous colouring and your gingham paper is beautiful for this image.

mulberry station said...

I am so glad your little guy is having fun in the garden. Sounds like you are going to have a great crop of peas. I wish I had room to plant a garden...really miss the fresh produce.
I agree with Stacy...on the ironing..hate doing that!
You card is really sweet. I really like the soft pastel colors you have used for your card. Just right for a mommy card. Great choice of paper too! have a great week! Nancy

Robin said...

colouring fab Jenny, sweet card! Robin

Linda Anderson said...

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the softness of the colors. Wonderful papers too!

Linda

Marlene said...

Your card is adorable!! What a fantastic sketch!

Simple and Sweet said...

Wow! Perfect coloring! You really did an awesome job! I love the soft papers you used and the sweet flower embellishment. It really is a sweet card!
Erika

Genevieve said...

OH! So soft & pretty & your coloring...wow!

Genevieve

coops said...

fantastic card jenny, love your image and teh layout and colours are great.love the fabby flower.luv coops.xx

Jeannie said...

Such sweet colors - perfect for any mom-to-be!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Hi Jenny! What a sweet creation. Love all the soft colors. The papers are fab and I love your flower.

Deanne :)

Kathie said...

Hi Jenny, I love your card and the pretty soft colours you have used. I find sometimes I have to used those colour just to take me out of my comfort zone I have a tendency to use bright colours a lot.
Take care
Kathie
P.S I spoke to William and his closest town was Aughrim.

Arlana 11426 said...

Jenny, your card is just so sweet this week. Love those soft pastel colors and coloring with those pro makrkers divine. Have a berry sweet week!!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

Jenny, this is such a sweet job. It is such a cute expectant mother's card! I love your soft pastel colors and the sweet gingham paper you used! This couldn't be any cuter!

Jennifer said...

Hi Jen! Lovely card. Great colours. Fab image coloured to perfection! Might have a play with this sketch myself xx Jenny xx

Sarpreet said...

This is gorgeous, well done

Crafty Urchins said...

Love it,fab colours
Sue