Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Partner in Crafting Crime Challenge 4

Show Papa some love...

Our challenge this week at My Partner in Crafting Crime is to create something with a male theme. Father's Day is a coming so dust off all those male stamps and male papers that we all try to avoid for the rest of the year and get making. :-D

I usually hate male cards cos i'm always stuck for that embellishment bit that I want to add, can't stick flowers on it and for an older man brightly coloured buttons and stars don't really work. So dug through numerous drawers and remembered I had that brad making kit thing from Papermania so used two of them this time. The newspaper type paper is from Pink Petticoat and the other is from the V&A collection. The stamp was a find in TK Maxx of all places. It's Hero Arts believe it or not and there are three of them, so that's me sorted for male cards for a while! :-D I distressed the edges of the paper and cardstock on the image and then also distressed with, Old Paper, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain. The stamp itself is just stamped with Staz On Timber Brown. I coloured his face, cane, hand and gloves with Promarkers but that was it. Didn't think it needed anymore.

Hope you can all join in for this challenge. Details over at My Partner in Crafting Crime.

7 comments:

Elaine said...

Fab card! I avoid male cards like the plague! This is a really great image and I love the layout. The papers are perfect and the brads are a great finishing touch.
Love Elaine xx

Messi Jessi said...

Great male card, such a classic look! Why don't men look this stylish anymore...?

Do What You Love said...

I am so loving this card Jenny. I hate doing the male cards too as I just can't think what to add so that it isn't frilly. You've carried it off well - these papers are super. Besides, ALL of your cards always have that special kind of beauty and perfection, anyway! Love the brads! Nice build! Thank you for the lovely comments you made on my blog - you're a sweetie and I appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Emma said...

A fabulous male card Jenny, perfect papers and embellies.
Hugs Emma x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Jenny - this is an awesome card! Trust me, you do NOT suck at masculine cards :) Such a vintage-y fabby card LOL!

Deanne :)

coops said...

fantastic male card jenny, i love the image, reminds me of sherlock holmes and really fab papers and colours.love the brads.luv coops.xx

Eileen said...

Brilliant card Jenny. Saw it on Docrafts and hopped over for a better peek. Love everything about this card it just gels so well. eileen xx