Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday No. 50

It's that time again folks, Wednesday is here and with it comes another fab sketch from Arlana at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.


This week our sponsor is the very generous Sally-Ann at the Digi Stamp Boutique and the uber, lucky winner this week gets to pick 10 images from the store. How generous is that!!

Sally-Ann is also the sponsor of our blog hop coming up in a couple of weeks. There'll be oodles of prizes for that too so pencil in the dates now! :-D June 9th - 15th.

Onto what I've come up with this week.
The stamp is one I won at the last blog hop at Sweet Sketch Wednesday obviously this was pre-DT position and I adore her. She's called Shelly Turtle and cake and you can get her here. I've used the new Papermania Hampstead papers for this, they're quite masculine but I thought Shelly could pull it off with her little bow! She's coloured in with the oul promarkers of course and i've started using that evil blender now, can you tell?? The organza ribbon was from my Ribbon horse stash, wishing now that I would've put something behind it to stand out some more, it really is shimmery and a lovely orange. Oh well, lesson learned.

Hope you can join in the fun this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and I look forward to hopping over to all your blogs for a looky-loo.

16 comments:

mulberry station said...

Jenny, aren't these turtle images adorable. I just love them. I used one of them and few months ago. They turn out soo cute. And yes, I can tell you are using that blender and I must say doing a right fine job with it. I love your paper and it is just perfect with your image. Beautiful work, as always. Nancy

Marlene said...

Ohmygosh- that turtle is PRICELESS!!

Stacy said...

ok...ya know Shelly is my FAVORITE!!!! Right?? So of course I adore this card!!!! I love the colors you used, very creative! And your ribbon and bow look just lovely!
Hugs,
Stacy

Robin said...

The glossy accents makes the shell pop! So cool!

Elaine said...

Oh what a little cutie, I love that turtle. And your colouring is gorgeous.
Love Elaine xx

Mandy said...

A lovely card..such a cute turtle great colouring...Thank you for your lovely comment..
Mandy xx

coops said...

stunning card jenny, the image is so fab and i love your wonderful colouring and fab layout.the backing paper is great and i love your big bow.luv coops.xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Good morning Jenny! I heart Shelley - isn't she just the best??? You made really pop - she looks awesome! Love the paper with her!

Deanne :)

Melissa Craig said...

Super adorable turtle! I love your card - you colored the image so well and really brought out that sweet personality.

Do What You Love said...

Jenny, this is a super gorgeous card and let me tell you, you did just fine with the ribbon because it gives way to that pretty patterned paper but still has a shimmer - you CAN see it and I love the color! Your turtle is awesome, such great coloring and love how you popped her out - she's too cute! :)

Arlana 11426 said...

Jenny, Your card is so adorable this week. Love added dtail and colors. Sallys images are the best. Have a sweet day!!!

Jeannie said...

Shelly is just beautiful!
Perfect coloring and great papers and ribbon!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Jenny - this is super stunning! Your colouring is just amazing and you've made her look so sweet....a truly fabulous creation.....Sally-Ann

sweetbloominscraps said...

Jenny, this is such an adorable card! I love this Shelly image. I need to use her one of these months! Your coloring is perfecto!!! Your blending couldn't be any better! Have a great week!

Lisa T said...

Very pretty! I love the paper! (You're right - Shelly can carry it off!) Great job with coloring her, too!

Stacy Morgan said...

That turle is so darn sweet. Your coloring is awesome, wonderful card.