It's Wednesday again!?!? Where do the days go? That means only one thing, it's time for a new sketch from Arlana at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Have a few things to tell you this week too. Next month Sweet Sketch Wednesday will be turning ONE!!! To celebrate we're having a huge blog hop with 12 prizes and an overall prize, how sweet is that!
Hope you can join in the fun to win. It's going to be brilliant! I'm extra excited about it because it's my first big blog hop to be a part of and I just can't wait to see all the girls creations as well as everyone who enters.
Right so back to this week's sketch. Really enjoyed this one Arlana, thanks again. This is the sketch.
Our lovely sponsor this week is Kathy from Pixie Dust Studio, her images are just lovely as you can see from my DT girls cards. Excellent digi-stamps! This week the winner will get 2 digi stamps from Pixie Dust Studio and boy will they have a tough time picking :-) Go check it out and tell me you don't agree.
This week Kathy gave me the lovely image called 'Pals of the Past'.
With a name like that I just had to vintage it up.
He reminds me of a singer some people might know, called Gilbert O' Sullivan, way back when he was younger, he had a hat just like that. He is my Mam's all time idol, so guess who's getting this card??
(It's only because he is her idol that I know all this by the way. LOL!!)
The papers are all from the new Victoria & Albert range, I just love them. Wee Gilbert is coloured in with the trusty Promarkers and on the fence I added some crackle accents to make it look like a white picket fence. It sorta worked right??
I distressed nearly everything with some Antique Linen to really get the vintage look. The flower is a new Marianne die that is just awesome, it cuts a slit at the top of the second flower so you can thread the ribbon through to match any card at all. Genius. The button brad is from a Laura Ashley collection I think. The heart ribbon behind is East of India, I got this at the weekend with Mam when we went trim shopping. Yes, it is fair to say we are obsessed!
(My dad's idea for my little boy, all will be revealed shortly, I hope)






17 comments:
Liking the crackle accents and that flower!!! Good job Jenny! Love it!
wow this is really gorgeous.love the fab image and what gorgeous colours.love your distressing and the crackle stickles look fab and love your flower.luv coops.xx
Good morning Jenny. The minute I saw you used Promarkers I had to see where you were from. To my surprise I see you are in Ireland!! It is so exciting to "meet" bloggin friends from across the pond! Anyhooo...
Great card, I LOVE the vintage feel to it. Love the sparkle on the fence and look at his lil socks - adorable!!
Deanne :)
Jenny, thanks so much for your sweet comment this morning. Your card is so adorable. I absolutely love his shoes and socks and the darling flowers. And the way you crackled the fence is very clever. Your Mom will love this card! Hope you are having a gorgeous day in Ireland!
Hi Jenny, hummm...I think I have the right person. I am trying to be awake this morning. i love this image and I really like the color combo you have used on him. You have done an adorable job coloring him up. I love your flower too!
Jenny, this is incredibly gorgeous! I love the ink distressing - it really does add to the vintage feel. Your papers are just perfect; love this color combination! I love this card; it is so wonderful - perfect for the man of the hour! I love the crackle accent on the fence; it worked perfectly! :) Gosh, your coloring is awesome!
Wow, your papers are wonderful and so appropriate for this image! Great ribbon accent, too. You did a terrific job with this image!!!!
Hi Jenny
gorgeous card, seen these papers sorry now I didnt get them the new Henley range is out got it and its gorgeous too.
Christine x
gorgeous card and fab layout
Stacy, You did such an adorable job on your card. I love the fun papers and added embelishments. Your colors are so fun. Love your vintage feel so perfect for this image. Thanks for all you do and for your sweet card this week.
Gorgeous card. Love everything about it...adore the colours. The image is fab! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com
This is an adorable image. Beautiful coloring and colors.
The crackles absolutely worked! I really like the colors and all of the embellishments.
Peace & Luv,
Jeanne
Oh such a fabulous card. Love the colours you've used and the image also. Hugs Michele x
Hi Jenny
Gorgeous card i love the colours its totally fab
Sal xx
I've not heard of Gilbert O'Sullivan, but this card is really cute!
eeek! I can't get over this! It reminds me of an old sepia tin photo! FANTASTIC!!!! This image is just tooo stinkin cute!
Post a Comment