Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sweet Sketch Wednesday No. 64

Well hello darlings! Feeling much better this week thankfully. Some retail therapy helped out a lot with the recovery ;-) I've a few things to get through this week so bear with me it could be a long one. First off the most important thing about today, it's Sweet Sketch Wednesday. YAY!!! The great Arlana has provided us with this fantastic sketch.
Our lovely sponsor this week is the lovely Heather from Digi Stamp Characters. She is offering one lucky winner three FREE images. Yum! Go have a goo for yourselves.
I got to create two cards this week using two uber cute images.
The first one is a cutie. I wanted to create a baby card that wasn't for a boy or a girl and could be used for either but I think it ended up looking decidedly male. Oh well, live and learn right?
Papers used here are the trusty Victoria & Albert collection. Finally got to use my new MS Scroll lace punch, gotta love ebay! Added an embossed gold, flattened, bead-cap as my embellie, gonna finish my secret card tonight and get it up here, the aforementioned bead-cap thing will make sense then. LOL!!!
The second card has an adorable little mouse. I love her! Coloured her in with Promarkers and added some chalk on her ears. Another MS punch used here, thanks Mam!!! The flowers are from a My Minds Eye pad and the coredinations i've had for ages and never used but really like it now so it may be featuring quite heavily in the near future. ;-)

Check out the Design Teams work this week, a lot of us did two so you'll have oodles of eye candy to inspire you. I really love our DT, we are one of a kind. Nancy from Mulberry Station gave me this fab award this week.
The very kind Jenny at My Inky Hands also gave me this award so guess what I'm gonna do?? Bend the rules a wee bit! :-D
Ok so here are the rules: 
1. Thank the person who sent it to you 
In my case it's two so thank you Jenny and Nancy you made my week! 
2. Put it on your blog - Check!
3. List 3 things about yourself  - 
A - I am a fully qualified sound engineer.
B - I have a secret addiction to making floral embellishments
C - I grew vegetables successfully for the first time this summer. Pic below shows some peas, lettuce, carrots and the big red strawberries. :-D

4. Post a favourite picture: 
This is me with my little man on his first trip to Avondale way back in 2007. 
It was Autumn and the colours were amazing. 
Had to put the second picture in to show the colours.
Got these printed onto Canvas for the Grandparents for Christmas. Tears were shed. :-)

5. List 5 people to give this award to. In this case i'm doubling. :-P
I wish I could give it to you all me dears.


Wow that was a lot of linking!
If you're still with me after that mammoth post thank you! 

15 comments:

mulberry station said...

Wow, you go girl!! Love your pictures and great job on the gardening. Your little guy is darling. I grew tomatoes but that was about it. I can't believe you linked all of those people. I was struggling with the five. Anyway, your cards are darling too! I always love your work!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

A "mammoth post" - too funny! Love that photo of your lil dude in the leaves - isn't Fall fabulous!! And thanks hun - totally appreciate it :)

Both cards are fabulous. The border and corner punches worked so well for this challenge - sure wish I had some, but I too cheap LOL!

Deanne :)

Jackie Randolph said...

Jenny, I just {heart} both of your cards today!! But the first one is my favorite, your lace border with the DP's is just gorgeous. Your colouring of the image makes it so soft and warm, such a beautiful baby card. Oh a cutie your little one is, I just love the one where your holding him and he is looking right at you!! What a great shot! One I am sure that will bring many memories in the years to come.
What a sweetie you are, thank you!!

Rachel said...

Retail therapy is always good...it may not be the answer, but it helps you forget the question! Gorgeous cards and what fab photos! Well done with your fruit and veg - I've grown blueberries for the first time this year!
Wedgie xxx

Elaine said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better, I always find a spot of retail therapy makes me feel better.
Two beautiful cards (what did we ever do before the wonderful Martha Stewart? I think I'm personally filling her pension pot!)
Great to hear you are growing your own veg/fruit, good on you!
Lovely photos of your little boy, such a cutie pie.
Thank you for the award, I have had this one earlier in the week, but much appreciated that you thought of me.
Take care
Love Elaine xx

Simple and Sweet said...

So glad to hear that you're feeling better. Just love the cards you did this week. They are both just darling! I have to say (with a smile) you cheated on the award! :-) My mom sent it to me too and I was still thinking of who to send it to and you sent it to everyone! I just had to laugh! I do agree that all the DT members totally deserve it! Great card and so glad that you're better!
Erika

sweetbloominscraps said...

Jenny, so glad you are feeling better this week! Retail therapy always helps me too! Wow you did such a fabulous job on the award and giving it to everyone on the team so now I really feel ok about ignoring the award. Nancy hit it right on the button for me not having the time! But I do appreciate her thinking of me. Your cards are super this week as always. I love the brown and yellow for the baby card and the borders on both are fabulous. That turquoise and pink is very striking. Your pictures are wonderful...what sweet pictures of your little one. He is adorable. Great job on the strawberries. I have had wonderful gardens in the past...way past but I have been growing cucumbers on the patio for the past few summers....just fun to watch them grow and of course, I love the variety...marketmore cucumbers...never knew I could be a connoisseur of cucumbers...But they are the best! Have a great week and thanks for your help!

Linda Anderson said...

Jenny, you are too much!!! First off, so glad you are feeling better! Next, your cards are ADORABLE!!! Those border punches are mag!! I've been so inspired, looks like I'll be hitting the on-line stores to make some purchases!!! Hooray for you and your gardening! Our back yard is woods, and all the hungry animals ate me clean the one time I tried a garden...now I do container gardening on the deck...except for this summer (time got away from me)! Thank you for the fun award, I will have to get to work on it and find some photos to post!!! Have a wonderful week!

Linda

Unknown said...

What a fun post today and thanks so much for sharing all of your family goodness. Your little guy is just adorable! Your cards came out beautifully this week and do think the baby card could be used for a boy or a girl, it's really cute!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Kathie said...

Hi Jenny so glad your feeling better, great gardening girl the boys and I had a garden this last summer, strawberries, blueberries, beans, Capsicum, chillies, beetroot and cucumbers. All very yumbo but Ryan would pinch the Strawberries before we could get our hands on them so had to buy them anyway. Our strawberry season runs from October to March I adore them.
I do love both of your cards, love the baby card and I think I would have to agree with you it is more of a baby boy card it's still cute. I love the mouse image it's really lovely. I love the new MS punches I'm about to order some but can't make up my mind oh might have to buy two or three.
Take care and have a great weekend.
Hugs
Kathie

Arlana 11426 said...

Hello Jenny, You strawberries look very nummy. Great job on your garden. My garden is kind of sad this year not doing so well. Love your sweet cards this week. Love your punches you used. It so perfect for your cards. Hope you are having a sweet day!!!

Shirl said...

Jenny both cards are awesome but the mouse is oh so cute and thank you for the lovely award

Sarpreet said...

Such a gorgeous card - great image and beautiful papers.

Genevieve said...

Hey Jenny!
Two stunning cards this week as always. Glad your feeling better & thank you so much for my 1st blog award, i'm very touched. I've had a mad week getting my little ladies ready for going back to school but as soon as I get a mo, I can't wait to get that award on my blog :)

Thanks again.

Robin said...

I love that pic of you and Ryan as well! Your cards are fab... love the double loop border.. jealous!!!! Thanks so much for the award!!!!!