



I really do love a good challenge and boy did I get one today. Over at the Passion for Promarkers blog they had a new challenge to create a background with your promarkers. I got all giddy about it and wanted to combine it with the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday because I thought I could easily create different backgrounds for each circle. Lets just say it wasn't that easy at all. I tried a water colouring technique to get a background wash thingy outta the promarkers but all that did was permanently colour one of my blocks. I then tried the baby wipe technique that I've seen used with TH distress re-inkers, that kinda worked but got messy quickly. So what finally worked are the three pics above.
For the checkerboard-esque look I drew lines down a piece of burgundy coredinations at 1/4" intervals horizontally and vertically and then coloured in alternative squares using Burnt Sienna. This took a good hour to do and I wished i'd spaced them further apart but the overall effect is subtle and I like it so hey.
For one of the circles I got two clear stamps, one heart and one swirl, I coloured the heart with Maroon and the swirl with Moss Green and stamped all over a piece of card and the cut out a circle from the best bit in the middle. The other circle was just four different colours striped across and again cut out with the nesties. For the big scalloped circle, I embossed it with the polka dot cuttlebug folder and then coloured each dot with Umber.
My darling little image that Mam got me is a Sugar Nellie stamp and I coloured her using all the colours I've used to create my backgrounds, put a bit of glitter on the flowers in her hat and sat her on the ribbon.
And voila! Am off to bed to dream about promarker backgrounds now! :-D
Almost forgot the most important bit!
Entering for:


23 comments:
Hi Jenny, you have had your work cut out for you with this card, it looks gorgeous and well worth all the tried with different techniques! :) Thanks so much for joining us at PfP this week!
Hugs Ida
Wow, Jenny! I am impressed! That is true creativity! Beautiful job on all your backgrounds! Your card came together beautifully! Sweet Image! Thanks for playing again at SSW!
Ok, Jenny, now I feel like a cheater! You put so much work into this! It turned out fantastic!!! Really beautiful card. Of course I love your sweet image! I am always happy to see you join us at SSW!!!!
Wow, I really enjoyed watching you put this card together. I am impressed too! Very creative and fun! Your colors and design compliment each other so well. Adoable image too! I love your work and appreciate your sweet comments!
Nancy
Fantastic!!! (But even more impressive is your CORRECT usage of the word "voila". EVERYONE I know spells that one wrong! You are my new best friend!)
Wow such a gorgeous card, I love how you have done your background....fantastic and sure worth all your effort.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
that is sick... but sick in the way my younger brother says it... like sweet and cool at the same time... great job!!
wow fantastic card, love all the different papers you have created for your background.its super and gorgoeus image.i`m still thinking what to do for my entry.lol.luv coops.xxx
Wow Jenny, you have certainly put lots of work into creating your background, and the results are amazing!
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x
fantastic card Jenny - yay you for persevering, it was definitely worth it
thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
have you thought about trying out for the pfp dt call? - details on the blog
Debbi
xx
Hi Jenny, oh my goodness you have definitely pushed the boat out for our challenge this week. All the different backgrounds look amazing and the colour scheme is perfect. The image is so sweet and you've coloured it perfectly. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
Wow Jenny I love your creativity in this card. your colors and image is just so fun. Love what you have done here. Thanks so much for joning us agin this week @ssw!!!
That is a great challenge and you did an amazing job. so many great idea and I love that stamps too. I need to ink her up again. ~Chelsea
WOW! Jenny, you truly did some crafting and came up with a diamond! This is gorgeous! I love those checkerboard squares you made - WOW! And then the hearts? WOW! I tell you, just coloring the image is challenging enough for me - you're awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)
Stunning! I can quite believe it took you hours to make, but it was worth it ;-) It's so fab!
Pauline x
Wow, I just love the different backgrounds that you made with your stamps & markers. Awesome job! Thanks for joining us this week at SSW!
Hi Jenny...well this is fantastic! you've put a lot of work (and ink) into this...good luck! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/
Wow!! You really outdid yourself here - I just love it!!!!!!!!! All your work totally paid off! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.
Deanne :)
Wow!! This is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Wow you really went all out and worked it girl!!!! What a Sweet card for our Sweet Sketch. Thank so much for joining us this week at SSW.
Kym Kreates
PS welcome and so happy to have you as a member of the team!!!!!
Wow - great job on this and thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Peace & Luv,
Jeannie
WOW -- this is super FABULOUS!!
Post a Comment