Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Purple & Red Goodness




Had great fun making this card. Tried out a new card fold I found on someone's blog ages ago and tried to combine it with the sketch for Sweet Sketch Wednesday's challenge this week. Think I did it. I used organza ribbon for the back panel instead of paper though so maybe not. Hmm....

So the recipe for this creation:
Burgundy & Purple Majesty Cardstock
Purple Gingham paper created by moi courtesy of Martine's tutorial
(If you become a follower of this new blog "My partner in Crafting Crime' you get this gingham paper FREE!!! Yes, we're that kind. Click on the blinkie at the top right.)
The stamp is a Greeting Farm one and coloured in with my beloved Promarkers, mounted her onto a quickutz nestie which I chalked the edges on and stuck some card candy on each point.
Used some doodlebug white paper ribbon and put some red gingham ribbon over that.
Think that's it.

Entering for:


16 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jenny, what a clever card. Love the TGF image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers and love the ribbon. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Robin said...

it looks great Jenny!! (And paper looks fab!)

coops said...

hiya jenny, a really stunning card hun.the card shape is fabby and i really love your image and great colouring.its gorgeous.good luck in the challenges.luv coops.xx

Emma said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous image and colours.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

mulberry station said...

Wow Jenny, what a fun card! I love how it opens!!! Super cute! What a darling image and I love how you colored her!
Nancy

Marlene said...

This is yummy!!! Love fancy fold cards - and purple and red ROCKS!!! (Anything with purple in it does - since that's my favorite color!)

Rose said...

Very pretty card! I like the style and the colors you used. Great work! Thanks for joining us at SSW this week!

Stacy said...

OH WOW Jenny! This is awesome! I love what you did with the sketch, your coloring is wonderful! So glad you could join us at SSW this week!

Do What You Love said...

What a fantastic card; love that you could combine it with our sketch. I love that image and the colors are so darling! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Jenny, your card is darling. I love how it opens up! What a fabulous job you did on the inside too! Your image is colored spectacularly!!!! Love the red and purple combo and the gingham ribbon! Thanks for joining us again at SSW!

Arlana 11426 said...

What youumy colors and such a darling image. Thanks for playing along @ SSW!!

Michele Roos said...

Oh such a gorgeous card!!! Love the adorable image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Wiccababe said...

gorgeous card jenny
thanks for joining us at pfp and good luck
hope you'll join us for the new challenge that went live today and have you thought about trying out for the DT call? details on the blog
Debbi
xx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Okay, that is the cutest card ever!! Love the tri-fold, the colors, and that image!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Sarpreet said...

such a gorgeous card

KymKreates said...

What a lovely KREATION!!! Thanks a bunch for joining us this week at SSW.
KymKreates