
After hours of cleaning presses and drawers and desks and being bloomin' sick of seeing rolls of ribbon unravelled everywhere I came up with this idea. It's an old clothes horse that we were actually going to throw away. By chance one particular size roll fits perfectly between the two dowels but the rest needed a little persuading. I had one other "shelf" left and stuck a bit of wired-twine under that to keep them from falling through, the rest are all hanging from pieces of twine attached to the little bits at the end. Well chuffed with how it turned out. For the ribbons I have that came without rolls I saw the Ribbon Peg idea over on the Pink Petticoat blog and have used that.



6 comments:
will be so jealous next time I come over and see all that lovely ribbon!! Stand is awesome!!
Great ribbon storage idea....but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I actually got more amusement out of the way you "speak". :) I love "well chuffed" and "bloomin' sick"!!!!!
Hi Jenny
Lovely idea like the horse, had a laugh at Marlene, if she came over here she would think we were aliens.
Christine x
Have a great weekend
Great ideas Jenny! Your ribbon looks super tidy! xx
What a great idea to store all those gorgeous ribbons! I think ribbons are the hardest to keep nice and neat, this is a wonderful storage solution for that! Thanks for sharing! ~Chelsea
Wow! What a great idea! And what a lovely stash of ribbon!
Post a Comment